19 March 2012

Make it magical

I still believe in the magic of Disney
Over on my NerdWars team, I greeted them this morning by asking what they were going to do to make it a Magical Monday.  Seeing as how we are Club 33 and totally Disney oriented, it was an appropriate question... plus, I can't wait to see how they respond.

Club 33 is made up of the greatest people. Yes, they are very talented knitters and crocheters, spinners and weavers - some of the things they turn in as responses to the challenges just blow my mind - but they are more than that... let me see if I can better explain.

A *Worldphile isn't just someone who loves all things Disney, they carry a great deal of pixie-dust in their veins. Scoff if you wish but I would dare say that you won't find a sweeter, more supportive and understanding group of individuals anywhere sans Disney property itself.

A few of us are former cast members but most are just people who have a deep love and affection for Walt's creations.  Personally, mine stems from my complete adoration of the man himself.  Ever since I was little, I loved Walt... we were kindred spirits.  I had no doubt that I would one day work with him - sure, not side-by-side even though that would have been awesome, but in his footsteps and spirit.

I admit that I had a rough time fitting in at other jobs while I was on my road to Disney. I was told that I was "too familiar" or "not stern enough" and even once was told that I should not do the menial tasks that asked my employees to do - that "being a manager meant one was above such things". Even before I was blessed enough to be a cast member I knew that you "manage" things, you "lead" people.  After countless years of not fitting in and wandering, my path led me to being a cast member, and ultimately a Leader, for the company and the man that I adore.  This was the place where my mindset was not considered odd but the norm.

Living a life and having a mindset that is glistening with pixie-dust is the best way to be, in my opinion.  Anyone can do it - you just choose to make it magical.  Yep, it's that simple.  The Worldphiles of Club 33 all know this and they do it every day... whether they recognize it or not. I could be having the most frustrating of days but a simple pop in to Club 33's team thread and I'm smiling again. The positive energy that this group of folks bring to the room is electric. Join us for a minute and you'll see - I bet you'll catch yourself smiling within 5 minutes of reading.

Not sure how to do it, no worries because I'm more than happy to share.  It doesn't have to be anything big - sometimes it's the littlest of things that make the biggest impact.  Leave an encouraging note for someone to find or drop an anonymous gift at someone's door.  Shoot, make eye contact and just smile at everyone you pass today and you'll be amazed at what something as simple as that can do.  It will lift your spirit and theirs... and that is the power of pixie-dust.

So what are you going to do to make today magical?

*"Worldphiles" is Disneyese for a Guest who knows pretty much everything about Disney and could probably teach you something.

8 comments:

  1. I opened my computer this morning to see that the first 2 things on my blog dashboard have to do with Disney. It is starting to be a magical day :) Club 33 is a great group, and everyone is so happy that you are our captain. I'll see you over there shortly. :D This post put a smile on me face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worldphile....NOW I know what to call my husband!!!! That is, besides all the other things I call him - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D my best friend from grade school works at Disney and my dad is applying there. I think I inherited pixie dust in my genes!

    Today is my man's first day back to work after a week long vacation. So to cheer him up tonight I'm going to cook something great for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet. I love it and I hope that his first day back was not as dreadful as it always seems.

      Delete
  4. Gotta love Disney! :) Some of my favorite movies are still the ones I watched as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mine too. I still find the magic in "Mary Poppins" and "The Parent Trap"... and the cartoon shorts with Goofy teaching you how to do something as the announcer man explains... love those!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...