09 March 2012

Weekend Wonderment ~ 3/9 - 3/11

Lots of Nerdy goodness this weekend
  1. This is my super secret knitting project but it is going to answer my last challenge this round for Nerd Wars... complete with Team Unity points!
  2. My poor dissertation has been ignored for about a week because I have been attempting to learn how to 'actually' crochet... emphasis on attempt please.
  3. I hate to sound defeatist but I do believe that this will be part of round 3 and the WiP challenge.  It's my shawl and while I love everything about it and reward myself with pattern repeats for completing unwanted tasks, I don't think it will be done this month for Julie and Cheri's KAL.
It's funny how the vast majority of my Weekend Wonderment posts are knitting related.  I mean, y'all know I liked to knit - that's a no brainer - but I had no idea exactly how much I enjoyed spending time on Ravelry too.  I learned real quick the other day when it went down for an hour.  I have to say though, Casey is a really fabulous code monkey. 

Can you imagine if your cable went out and the cable company kept and updated Twitter feed going about exactly what was going on, the steps that were being taken to correct it and then apologizing profusely for the hiccup?  Yeah, me neither but Casey sure did - and that is why Ravelry is such a fabulous community... because the people responsible for it are kind, compassionate, caring and understanding.  Sure, they may have over 2 million users but their mentality is still that of your best yarnie friend.

So if an hour of downtime since May 2007 is the worst that can happen, and I get a bazillion apologies from the family who started it all, I'm good with that - and guess what, I actually got some knitting done!

6 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty collection of yarns you have there! I also like to reward myself with pattern repeats. I have just finished a whole round of chores so I think I am allowed a few rows of the lace shawl I am knitting, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely yes! I give myself one repeat for chore - laundry is great because I get one for putting it in the wash, one for putting it in the dryer, one for folding it and one for putting it away!

      Delete
  2. I signed up for the blog week, not really sure what it is or if I will participate, but will give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you'll love it! It is just the most wonderful experience and I look forward to it each year. The first year I just read along, the second year I participated and this year I will be doing it again. It's just fabulous.

      Delete
  3. It's good to be a nerd isn't it? Your shawl is looking great so far. Can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally think it's the best thing in the world - nerds are sexy. Thanks on the shawl though I fear it will take me a bit to get it done so I'm using it as a reward system for myself... lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...