31 March 2012

Wonderful unbalanced

Simple rule, no one follows it
I had a rare treat yesterday.  I went to visit a dear friend of mine.  The reason it's a rare treat is because we live about 100 miles away from one another.  That equates to a two hour car drive, on the interstate system.  So when we get together, it's an event!

I got up and got ready early.  Packed my project bag with all of those items from yesterday's photo in their freezer bag glory.  I grabbed my travel mug of coffee, kissed Pokey and Hobbit and headed out the door.  When I got there, we didn't craft one single bit.  We sat around and yammered the day away - it was fabulous.  Then it was time to leave and head home, just four hours later which only felt like 20 minutes.

The drive home, at the beginning, was totally uneventful.  I was able to scoot down I-4 without incident.  Then I got to I-75 and all movement stopped.  The wretched spot of Bruce B. Downs had caused the traffic to come to a standstill... again.  That blasted exit was 12 miles away and we weren't going anywhere.  Thirty minutes later, I managed to travel the whole 3 miles to the closest exit and got off.  Thank goodness it was in an area I knew well so I could wind my way back home through the towns and back roads. It is longer but all things considered, it would be faster than sitting still on the interstate.

Most people would have been upset and annoyed at the situation - shoot, most were when I looked across the lanes at my fellow commuters.  Not me.  I decided that I was going to make the most of it since there was nothing I could do.  I popped in my Scotty McCreery CD, opened my sunroof and cranked up my stereo.  I sang along and be-bopped in my seat.  It was wonderful.  I was having a grand time all by myself, acting a fool.  Sure, it took me a little over three hours to get home and I really had to go the potty by the time I got here but that was three whole hours all to myself and I made the most of it.

I came home to hugs and kisses, clean laundry and a clean kitchen - plus supper being cooked.  It was heavenly.  So what if my day was unbalanced with the whole 5 hours in the car/4 hours out of the car, it was still wonderful and I would it all over again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...