14 October 2011

A quick rant because I honestly don't get it

I read about it all the time - celebrity marriages that end.  They've decided to call it quits on their life together.  It's done, it can't be fixed or they don't want to work on it any longer... it's just over - quickly followed with their representatives stating that they "are still the best of friends" or that they "will always love another".  If that were true, wouldn't they stay married?

Seriously.  You can't expect me to believe that those two people, whomever the celebrity divorce of the moment happens to be, woke up and said "Baby, I will love you forever.  Let's get divorced.".. or perhaps it was more along the lines of "You are my best friend - let's end our marriage".  Yeah, that doesn't work for me.

If they truly believed those words, they would still be married.  Just saying, it doesn't make any sense at all.  Okay, that's all.  I'll put my soapbox up now.  Please, feel free to borrow it and chime in on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...