16 February 2012

In response to some emails...

It's mine, I simply chose to share... that's all.
I'm a writer.  It is something I've always done, ever since I learned how.  It's my preferred way to express myself.  Sure, I do other creative things as well but when it comes down to it, I'm a writer.

It's how I share life experiences, noodle through trials and free my head of all my thoughts.  To me, the process is very cathartic and I do it because it brings me pleasure - that's it.

This blog is my space.  It's my place to write about my life, for me.  Bottom line is that it is really nothing more than my personal digital diary.  Sure, I share it with the world but that is because I choose to - I have been writing online for close to 6 years - yeah, it's true.  For those who are the curious type, you can click here to see where it all began.

I don't sugarcoat things, add fluff or view life through rose colored glasses.  Why would I keep a false record of my life for myself, I know the truth. I don't write for advice, condolences, commiseration or praise.  I write because it brings me joy.  I write because it brings me peace.  I write... for me.

If someone else gets a bit of joy from reading what I write, that's wonderful and I'm glad.  If someone else gets a bit miffed from reading what I write, well there is really nothing I can do about that because it's my account of my life.  I'm not a sanctimommy - I'm glad that you believe yourself to be a perfect mother, I know I'm not.  I'm not June Cleaver - I'm glad that you believe your husband finds you to be perfect, I know mine simply finds me perfect for him.  I don't compare myself to anyone because I am no one but myself.  I have failed in the past and I will fail again in the future... they work in a strange cycle just as my successes do.

I am human.  I am flawed.  I am genuine.  I am me... and I am a writer.

2 comments:

  1. Woe. I would love/hate to see the emails that made/encouraged you to post this. I can only guess what the included....but what I most want to say us this: this was a very impressive post because it was eo dignified! I am sure there was a lot of emotion behind this, but you kept it adult, polite, and dignified. You are most definitely a writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I've often wanted to write something like this on my blog. Write for yourself. Don't censor or worry about what others might say.

    As a good friend of mine once said, "Haters gonna hate." And it's true. Kudos to you for being true to your writer self!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...