12 February 2012

Sunday Snaps

Earlier this week, the air was thick with the smell of tree smoke...

which would cast this awesome halo around the moon that I attempted to capture.

I made some serious headway on my dissertation squares...

I cleaned up my little side table - and can now craft in comfort...

but I still haven't had time to actually work on them yet this weekend.
 This past week was an exercise in patience.  My laptop died.  Yeah, it was sad.  My husband got it back up in 'safe mode' so I could copy my important things to our network - patterns, photos and such.  Then he completely gutted it and got it back to factory brand new.  It took a few days but since I've had it back, it seems to be working as good as new.  Sure, there are a few hiccups but ultimately I am very blessed to have such a talented husband.  He has something in the works with his connections to possibly get us 'new' computers so who knows what next week will hold.  His budget is ridiculously small but I have faith because he is the most resourceful of fellas.  I'm sure he'll surprise me with something that I wouldn't have dreamed possible - but I'm not a geek, just a nerd... he has so much computer knowledge, I'm just the eye candy when we go geek shopping.

Hobbit had her first cheer practice this week and according to her coaching staff, she was a model child.  She listened, followed directions and never took her eyes off the coach - so why can't this 'model child' show up at school?!?!  Parents aren't allowed in except for the last 5 minutes of practice so I don't have photos this week.  Maybe I will try to sneak some in this time.  It's funny though, Hobbit is so much bigger than the other kids.  Everyone in that room is 6 years old so it's not like she's older than the rest but if you look at them all together, she looks to be 8 and the rest look about 4.. it's funny.  It's like having a St. Bernard puppy mixed in with a chihuahua litter... oh my, now isn't that a flattering visual!  Y'all know what I mean.  She's bigger, calmer and sturdy while everyone else is small, yippy and fragile.  Huh, that's not much better, is it... but at least you get the point, right?

Okay, time to get up and face my day.  I busted tail cleaning Hobbit's room yesterday and today I am rewarding myself by watching "Gilmore Girls", knitting and working on my dissertation blanket edging.  I hope to join it together today too.  I'll update y'all tomorrow if I get that far - because it will definitely motivate me, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...