02 January 2011

Hmmm...

Apparently, I agreed to have some giggly teenager spend the night at our house tonight.  I don't recall agreeing to this and fear that it might have been asked during a fever-induced state of delirium on New Years Eve.  Don't get me wrong... I'm not anti-social, I just don't like my routines messed up.

Sleep overs are not my cup of tea.  I love to have company.  I love to visit others but there just comes a point in the day when I don't want to not be on stage.  Perhaps it comes from my years as a Disney cast member, to always be on stage when company is around.  Must make magical moments, no matter how small, so that the day is remembered fondly.  I can do that - I am a professional at that - but I can only do that for so long.

After supper is usually when the lights of the stage start to dim and the clean up crew is getting set for the next day's performance.  The single ghost light in the middle of the stage is usually set around 7 p.m. and that is a pretty good time for it to happen.  When that does happen though, the 'cool, loosey goosey' mama goes to sleep in preparation for the next days events and the 'drill sergeant' mama comes out to make sure the night routines are done and kept.  Now before you get an image of Sgt. Foley in your head, it's not like that at all.  I'm just more direct and I expect things to be done.

These giggles I love - giggly teenagers, not so much
This is the point in time when I wish for all company to have a good night and safe travels.  It always plays out the same way.  Teeth don't get brushed, bedtimes soar by and giggles will ensue for hours on end.  It doesn't sound like a big deal does it - until the next morning.  All of the former giggles have been replaced with grumps and attitude.  Little people are still happy go lucky which in turn annoy the teenage grumps.  I consider this just rewards for ignoring me the night before and I let the little one have at it.  Serves them right for messing up my routine.

I guess I should look at it from a different perspective - it's not messing up my routine as much as it will enhance the joy of annoying the teenagers the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...