22 January 2011

Then POP... all better!

Man oh man, am I feeling better today!  My ears have been clogged for over a week now and I have to say that while I did enjoy the peace and quiet, it's so great to be able to hear again.  Although, may I add that going to the doctor for it was not only a waste of money but an exercise in primeval torture!

The one nurse was completely clueless and did not know the meaning of the world "gentle".  The other nurse was so busy trying to make up for the oafish nurse that she became a bumbling buffoon.  Now, y'all know that I would rather walk on my lips than talk bad about anyone trying to help me but these people needed a serious Gibbs session and I was on the verge of giving it to them.

I went home in tears because my ears, which were not hurting before, were killing me now.  Pokey was lost and felt awful that he didn't go with me.  He made me comfort food for brunch - fried eggs and a bagel with cream cheese - and cooked supper later on too... a blessing and a curse (great food, awful mess).

After eating and when all the afternoon running around was finished, I decided that I was going to do this myself just so I didn't have to go back on Monday to deal with those people again.  I sat with a 'too warm' compress on my ear for about thirty minutes then got my ear kit out and let the drops soak twice as long as I had been doing.  I also used 'almost hot' water to rinse my ears.  I kept rinsing until I was on verge of giving up then POP - some nastiness came out and I could hear.  It was all better!  Did the same thing on the other side and had the same result - POP, all better!

My ears have a dull ache to them today but I can hear - and I won't have to go back on Monday to be tortured... best $20 I never spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...