01 January 2011

Knitimidated

I bought some gorgeous yarn.  It's simply beautiful and I love it to bits... and I'm too 'knitimidated' to actually use it.

Thistle - an appropriate name
I bought it roughly 6 years ago with the intention of making myself a sweater.  I walked bravely into my local yarn shop and purchased the most perfect 10 skeins of yarn ever produced.  Now keep in mind, I have always been more of a frugal knitter.  I think anything over $5 is luxurious when it comes to yarn.  Knitting may be my passion but I honestly can't afford to 'splurge' on fiber.  My budget and my conscious won't allow it.

That being said, these perfect little bundles cost me $120!  I should have never done it.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I'm not talented enough to afford such luxurious yarn.  I'm not confident enough to work with such phenomenal fiber.  It will take every ounce of courage and that will suck every ounce of joy out of the project... I don't want to mess it up - whatever I make with it will be my most expensive article of clothing EVER.  Why would I do this to myself?  My little happy splurge 6 years ago has been the core of small moments of anxiety like this through out the years.  I even tried to give it to my mother - a gloriously gifted knitter - and even she was too knitimidated to use it.  What am I going to do?!?

Want one better - it's now discontinued... I think I need to lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...