23 March 2011

Beyond Reproach

Super Moon from 19 March 2011
This is the moon.

This is my shot that I took with my camera, standing in my backyard on the 19th night of March in the year 2011.

I used a Canon Powershot SX10IS.  The settings were: Exp 1/1250s, F stop 5.7, ISO 400 and Focal Point of 100 mm.  It was taken on 19 March 2011 at 10:47 p.m EST and uploaded to my computer on 19 March 2011 at 11:42 p.m. EST.

This is the moon and this is my shot ~ no post processing necessary sans a tighter crop.

I have been accused of stealing this shot by a so-called "professional" photographer simply because their thousands of dollars worth of equipment was not able to produce the same results.  I have been accused of copyright infringement on this shot because the so-called "professional" photographer could not get a shot as clear, bright or close and therefore can not believe that I could create such a capture, being a mere enthusiastic hobbyist.

My honor and integrity were called into question by a person who has none.  My character and ethics were sullied by a person who knows not the definition of those words.  This person's actions and accusations were beyond reproach.  My response to her is simply this ~

Talent does not lie within the artist's tools, but within the artist themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...