26 March 2011

Oh My Goodness

Hobbit & Peanut on Peanut's birthday
Things have been crazy since Thursday!  Peanut turned 18 and we had a little celebration on Thursday night for her.  Then on Friday, we went to Steak n' Shake per her request and wandering through Target (pronounced 'tar-jhey' of course), again per her request.  Since her little friend couldn't spend the night due to band duties, we obliged.

Today, we have been running since the sun came up.  Did not do a lot of actual shopping but the girls wanted to go into every flipping store up and down the highway.  Now that it's all said and done, I'm am worn slap out... I don't remember getting old and feeble but old and feeble I surely feel.

I'm experimenting for tonight's supper - and have a sinking feeling that we will be hitting up some take-away burgers if the smell is any indication of the outcome.  I'm surprised that it isn't smelling fabulous since I got the recipe from one of most favorite culinary icons - Paula Deen.  I decided to try something new for supper - Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts.  I was reading my Paula Deen magazine (something Pokey picks up for me since he knows I won't spend that kind of money on a magazine myself but definitely won't squawk if it shows up in here.. lol... I told you he was good)... anywho, she did it with Cornish Hens.  They only equal a pound or so of meat so I'm going to attempt it on my boring old chicken boobies!!

In case you were curious, the recipe* is -

2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Line sheet with foil, place breasts in skin side up. Mix ingredients and brush half over the chicken. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining mixture and return to oven for 10 more minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165 and juices run clear when poked with a fork.

*recipe courtesy of Cooking with Paula Deen-Jan/Feb 2011  pg. 41

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...