08 March 2011

Mexicali Chicken

Mexicali Chicken
Today, as you may have seen, is going to be hectic and I don't like days like that.  I need to make sure I've at least got one thing under control - supper.

I had already gotten chicken breasts out to thaw but was at a loss as to what I was going to do with them.  I put a request up in my Facebook status for my friends to please share some of the favorite chicken recipes so I could make something new.  I got so many wonderful replies and that got my creative juices flowing again - thanks again girls, y'all are so fabulous!

Here's what we've got simmering on the counter at the moment - Mexicali Chicken.  The ingredients are:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
16 ozs chicken stock
1 can of corn, drained
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp celery seed
2 tbsp chives
Rice - appropriate amount for those eating.


Pour the stock in the crock pot and whisk in the taco seasoning.  Add the ground mustard and chives, whisk until well blended.  Add celery seed by grinding it through your palms.  Place chicken breasts in crock pot and then the corn.  Cover and cook for 7 hours on low heat.  Be sure to check internal temperature to make sure you reach 180 F.  Once the chicken is done, pull it out and shred it with a fork.  Thicken up the sauce until desired consistency, return chicken and serve over rice.  Corn bread or tortilla chips would be a nice addition to the meal.

I'll let you know how it turns out but so far, it's looking good and smelling even better!

***Update ~ it was delicious!  I poured my Mexicali Chicken over my rice and the mixed it all together.  I also mixed in some ranch dressing because I love the cool flavor with the spicy.  It was a definite hit at this house.***

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...