01 May 2011

Craftiness Galore

I managed to complete all my chores yesterday so that I could spend today being crafty.  I want to cut out my dress pattern and perhaps start on the sewing.  I want to knit on my original design shrug to go with my dress.  I would like to knock out a few rows on my faux circle sweater and my other sock.  I want to bake but I'm toying with letting the kids do it.  I want to dive into it all - and yet, I've not done it.  I've been sitting here.  I played around a bit in Middle Earth, I checked in on my "mommy forums" and I finagled on Facebook.  I have yet to do one crafty thing - why?

I slept in this morning until just after 9 a.m. because Pokey is on his new work schedule which means that we don't need to set an alarm on the weekend.  Oh, he still has to work but his schedule is noon until 8:30 p.m. so we can get up when we like instead of always at 6 a.m. every day of the week.  My days are going to be complete opposites of his soon.  He will be getting home around the same time I am usually ready to go to bed - and with me having to get up and take Peanut to school at 6:30 a.m. now, I will surely be exhausted by the time he rolls in the door around 9:45 p.m. every night.  I can try to stay up on Friday and Saturday nights but generally speaking, I am only good until 10 p.m. most nights.
Aging knitting projects that are begging to be worked

Last night was a prime example as to why I'm dragging tail today - we were up until 1 a.m. because he just "wasn't tired yet" and I knew I didn't have to go anywhere today so I kept him company.  I am hating life this morning though because I feel as though I need a nap and it's only noon!  I don't do well with constantly changing sleep schedules.  I require a minimum of eight hours - ten is my most favorite amount but I realize that it's not always possible.  This summer when the kids are off schedule, I am sure we will fall into a rhythm but for right now, I'm off kilter a bit.

So how do I fix it?  First, I'm going to get off of this computer and go get a shower.  Second, I'm going to run to the store to get some sugar to finish making the tea and perhaps get something special for the girls for lunch - maybe a nice frozen pizza for us to split.  Third, I'm going to start my crafty day by cutting out my dress and then moving wherever I want to next.  Sometimes, in order to get in the mood of the day, you have to force yourself into position... which is exactly what I am going to do.

Look out crafts, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...