06 June 2011

First care package production has begun!

I have been picking up a few odds and ends to put in Peanut's first ever college care package over these last few months.  I also want to add at least one item that was specially made so she can have a bit of home with her at all times.  So, if everything works out well, my folks will leave it with her on her first night in her dorm.   When she's all alone and everything is sinking in - perhaps even starting to make her worry a bit - I want  her to be able to open this box and realize that everything is going to be "A-okay".

I can't really write about what I'm putting in the box because Peanut has been known to read about her mama's world but if you happen to hang out at The Corner Cafe, then you have a clue as to what I'm doing... and you if you don't, why not?!?!  For those who are super curious and just really want to know, shoot me an email and I'll let you in on it... just as long as Peanut doesn't find out, we're good.

Okay, so it's a big hint
The only hint that I am going to give is that I will be using my stash yarn that I won a few months ago.  You know the one, from Ester Bitran's Andes collection.  Also, if you could please keep your eyes peeled for some really funky cool snazzy Victorianesque buttons, I'd appreciate it.  They would be fabulous on this project... because I'm planning on a second round with a solid color and those would completely pop!

Alrighty, coffee is in hand, needles are poised and shows are queued... time to toddle on and get started!  It's official ~ the first college care package production has begun!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...