30 June 2011

Where I've been...

Isn't it pretty!
I went to sit down and work a little on my sweater for Pokey the other day... and I did.  I cast on and I did the ribbing.  Then I moved on to the actual body of the back and it's starting to actually look like something.  I was afraid that it wasn't coming out right but I was wrong - it's coming out perfectly!

At first, even though I thought the yarn was exactly what I wanted across the board in regards to texture and color, I actually got nervous that you wouldn't be able to see the slight pattern workings in it.  Thank goodness I was wrong about that too.  Now that I think about, I've never been so happy to be so wrong about so many thing before in my life.

I love the center of the back ribbing with the tweed
Hopefully, I will have this sweater done before summer is over.  It's a bulky weight and it's working up rather quickly, which is good news for me.  I get bored with long sweater patterns - note how my Faux Circle Sweater really hasn't made any progress in the past few months.. instead, I completed my first ever pair of socks and my first ever pair of [surprise Peanut present].  I hope that I can work just this sweater without needing an instant gratification project to break it up.  I think I might just be alright though because this is a couple of firsts for me - my first sweater for Pokey and my first real attempt at cables.  That means, I'm actually going to have to think and work at it to make it come out like it's supposed to - no mindless knitting on this one.

So far though, I'm pretty tickled with what I've got... and it's time to work on it some more!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...