09 April 2012

Out of focus

The infamous comfy blue chair
Normally on Monday I write something that will hopefully motivate others and today, welp I just can't seem to focus. I'm blaming my allergies - they are seriously off the charts this year since we didn't have a proper winter to kill anything leftover. Oh well, ce la vie.

There are just days where you aren't meant to be going ninetytonothing all day long. It's like the world's way of making you slow down and take care of yourself - because if you don't care of yourself, you certainly can't take care of others. Today is one of those days for me so my agenda is going to be simple... a load of dark clothes (possibly two) and then I'm going to spend the day in my comfy blue chair watching movies and crafting.

Sure, we were just on Spring Break and this is the first day I have the house all to myself. I cleaned up a lot over the weekend and the laundry is back to manageable status. I believe the constant running of the past 10 days has just worn me out and I need a day to reboot - a vacation after our vacation as it were.

Disclaimer: Those of you who know me know that I have the most difficult time with this... already today I have done the dishes, scrubbed the kitchen, tidied the living room and started the laundry. I even stopped in the middle of writing this to clean up so while my intentions are good - my actual follow through on having a day off totally stinks... but I try, and that has to count for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...