25 April 2012

You're my inspiration (3KCBWDAY3)

My mama (with Hobbit last year) - the most amazingly creative person I know
Click, click, click... wwwwwhhhhhrrrrrrrr... whisk, whisk, whisk...

These were the sounds I heard growing up - my mother knitting, sewing or baking. I would wonder, rather loudly and impatiently, if the object she was knitting/sewing/baking was for me.  Actually, I automatically thought that all items that were either knit, sewn or baked were for me so when they weren't I was rather shocked.

My mama claims that I am the one who taught her two things - how to curse and how to have patience. While I may have been given credit for those, and her beautiful silver hair, she gets all the glory for my creative endeavors... because if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have the knowledge, courage or conviction to even try.

3KCBWDAY3

16 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely post. I hope your mama is reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does read - and even though I tell her this, I hope she truly knows.

      Delete
  2. lovely post we should all give praise to our mum's

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that's really lovely, your mum should be proud. have a knitty wednesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She thought it was sweet... knowing her, she teared up a bit too. Bless her.

      Delete
  4. So lovely ... my mum is my knitter hero, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you - she won't sing her own praises so I do it for her... she's an amazing woman.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you.. just wanted to honour my mama who is a lovely soul.

      Delete
  7. That is so great! What a sweet picture of your mom and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One pushes me to be always be my best and one believes that I always am... it's enough to bring a girl to tears if she stops and thinks too long on it.

      Delete
  8. Very cool you have a mum who knits.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...