25 April 2012

Apparently cheaters DO win

It's just sad what some people will do & allow
Whomever said that "cheaters never win and winners never cheat" was wrong.

I'm going to take a moment to rant and you are more than welcome to skip this post and come visit me again tomorrow but I really wanted to get this off my chest.  I'll wait...

Y'all know that I entered a fun little creative contest and the winner was announced today. The company hosting it, one that I used to have a ton of respect for but has since obviously lost all of it, gave the award to the person who cheated.  Blatantly cheated and even though it was documented and brought to the company's attention, they did nothing about it - simply stating that the person still managed to have the most "unique" pins. 

Excuse me? You acknowledge that they cheated and yet you reward them for it?  It doesn't matter how you package it or spin it, you allowed someone with an unethical position and practice be rewarded.  What does that say about you, your image and your company?  If you will turn a blind eye to a silly little contest what will you do when it matters - in life and in business?

The loss is greater than the silly contest, I lost respect for a woman and an organization that I used to think so highly of in the knitting world... and that is the greatest loss of all.

7 comments:

  1. That sucks and it would tick me off too - I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that - I do know that they've lost me as a customer because if you can't trust them to do the honorable thing with a game then how can you when it involves business transactions and practices.

      Letting others know and refusing to purchase from is all I can do but in the end, it's a lot and it's enough.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what was the point in even having a contest? All I can say if it was for publicity, they did a fine job of publicizing what they are about. I'm so sorry it happened that way. :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my husband that the end result would speak volumes about the character of the owner. It's amazing how those you dealt with on prior matters mask the dishonesty within the organization. I can't undo my prior business relationships with them but I can do something going forward.

      Delete
  3. It will be interesting to see if they leave up the comment I posted....I am betting they will take it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw no comment anywhere - what did you say?

      Delete
    2. See - I told you! I said that I did not think the rules meant that a person could vote for themselves over and over again and 'win". This was not the type of image I supported and I did not appreciate the image it gave to the public for an American company (in a nutshell).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...