29 April 2012

Shaken, not stirred (3KCBWDAY7)

I went back through my Ravelry queue to see how things have panned out since I learned to crochet... which will be 1 year ago in a few days. In this past year, things have certainly been shaken up a bit.

I have completed 28 knitted items, 12 crocheted items and 3 that were a combination of the two. Okay, first off - can I say "Holy Wow" over the fact that I have completed 43 projects in a year!!  Secondly, I think it's only fair to note that one of those 12 projects was this ~

Rapunzel's New Dream - finally finished!
and it took me three months to make all 89 squares, seam it all together and do a border that was 3 complete rounds... it was a LOT of work but I think it came out really great, don't you?

My crafting world has definitely be shaken up but I must say, it gives it such a great flavor!

3KCBWDAY7

18 comments:

  1. OH WOW!!!! You finished it!!!!!!! Spectacular! So beautiful - you should be so proud of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It couldn't be more perfect! I LOVE IT! SO so so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - coming from someone that makes the gorgeous quilts you do, that's a huge compliment.

      Delete
  3. Im so glad you finished it, it looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I wasn't entirely sure I was going to make it. Thanks for the compliment, I'm a bit chuffed over it.

      Delete
  4. Adorable!! I Love the Happy Colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they are all from the Caron Simply Soft line.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I didn't even realize it until I had to go add them up. It's amazing what NerdWars will do for your productivity.

      Delete
  6. I love the colors you used! I'm heading over to Ravelry to favorite it so I can find them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I called it "Rapunzel's New Dream" in my project list. Here's the link - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/PprmntMochaMama/grannys-a-square-afghan

      Delete
  7. Oh, I'm envious. I wish I could say the same for my crocheted Flowers in the Snow but alas, they are still wrapped up waiting for some attention. Beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really stunning throw, your use of colour is so good

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...