30 April 2012

Spring cleaning, virtually spotless

source
Oh my goodness - it is amazing what you feel like you can accomplish once you finish a huge project.  Since my blanket has been done, I have been bitten  by the cleaning bug... and my first term of the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup starts tomorrow so it's best to have my things in order.

I went through, being the good Hufflepuff that I am, and cleaned out my queue. It had reached such astronomical proportions that there was no way I could have knit all the things in there before I died. That realization alone was enough to make me thin out the patterns. I decided that if I really liked it, I would either favorite it so I could go back later or I simply placed the pattern in my library for future reference.  I am proud to say, there are only 11 items in my queue.  There are 319 things in my library and I have 262 favorites but that's a completely different story since I use those for other things as well, like tracking NerdWars submissions and such.
source

Now that my queue is all set for Spring Term, I figured that my crochet eye was keen enough to dissect a pattern. There is a really cute owl purse that I stumbled upon and I wanted to make it.  Y'all have heard me go on and on about my issue with paying for a single pattern but I was willing to go as much as $3 for this particular one because of the cuteness factor - unfortunately, the creator wanted more so I am left to my own devices. I printed off one of the photos and I am going to do my best to recreate off of what little I know. I am even toying with sewing a lining inside - jump back y'all!

source
This is going to be a most creative 4 months - what with Spring Term for HPKCHC and then Tournament 5 for NerdWars, should Club 33 members stick around for another go at the goofiness with me. Yeah, there will be some cross posting and multi-game projects but on the whole, I have a feeling that they will each be unique.

Now, I'm going to try and channel all this 'cleaning' mojo into my real life and finish up the chores that I let sit this past weekend because what's the point in having something so fabulous if the rest of my house gives me the heebie-jeebies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying getting a taste of the crochet world.

    I can't believe you got your queue down to 11. I am feeling very lazy with the 100+ in mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...