07 April 2012

Only here...


Scene: Husband in bed, asleep for several hours, and a tired wife just coming to bed.  Husband is stretched kitty-corner across the entire bed with his upper body on his side and his lower body across her's.



Wife: Move over a bit baby.
Husband: Grumble snort.
Wife: Honey, shove over a bit please.
Husband: Ehhh errrrr mmmmmhhhpphhh (grabs more covers under him).
Wife: (pries covers back to her side of the bed and promptly sticks cold feet on husband's rump)
Husband: (immediately returns all of his body to his side of bed) Snoooooooore.
Wife: Thank you.  I love you. (Kisses the back of her husband's head and laughs to herself)

Lesson learned - go to bed anyway, even if you aren't tired because some people take it upon themselves to warm the entire bed in your absence. Sometimes I think all of the silliness that goes on in this house only happen here.  No wonder people say that my life would make an awesome sitcom...

2 comments:

  1. LOL that sounds like my house when hubby goes to bed early. Usually when I talk to him, he grumbles and slides over half an inch. This occurs multiple times till I have enough room to squeeze in and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I normally gently coax him back to his side so I can have a bit of room to sleep but I was so tired last night that I went straight for the ice cold feet on his backside... saved me some time... lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...