13 April 2011

I Thought. I Hoped. I Did!!

You knew it would be pink
I searched the internet for patterns and found nothing I understood.  I saw a lot of photos of finished products and I had my own standard needle roll that my mama made me... I had to pray that those were enough to give me the 'gist' of what was needed.

I went through my stash of scrap material that my mama left for me and found the perfect one - pink with purple and pink flowers on it.  I sat down to attempt the folding and refolding and folding again and... well, you get the idea.  After several false starts and psyching myself out, I buckled down to make my own dpn needle roll.  Worst case scenario - it doesn't work and I try again - I had enough scrap material to mess up at least 50 times over.  No worries... seriously.  Plus, I always had my mama to call and she could walk me through how she made mine - but that was a last ditch resort.  I was going to do all I could to make this on my own.

You know what - I did it!!  I made it... successfully... the first time... and I love it.  So here are a few photos of my newest creation to help me make even more creations.  I present to you, my very own homemade dpn needle roll.

I was so excited I immediately took a photo when I was done

All my current dpns with room to grow up to size 13!

All wrapped up and ready for my knitting bag

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I need one of these, maybe I can ask my Mamma to make me one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...