23 April 2011

Today's The Day... Well, Maybe

Really photogenic bottle - is that why I like it?
I'm at the toe - yep, I've started the decreasing and I'm ready to attack the toe of this sock... well, maybe.  I've got to learn the Kitchener Stitch and let me tell you, that is one confusing little devil right there.  I've watched this video a few times and I think she does a great job of explaining it.  I might even take up her advice about the glass of wine prior to starting - Pokey bought me some Schmitt-Sohne Riesling just for the occasion... gotta love him.  Although, I think this is supposed to be for celebratory purposes... I might need it for medicinal (aka therapy) instead.  Either way, it's a good wine!

Other than that, nothing real exciting going on around here.  Pokey has to work on Easter but hopefully there will be some ER (early release) opportunities and he will be able to come home early for supper.  The girls are looking forward to what the Easter Bunny might be bringing.  I've not been able to share because of Peanut's internet access abilities and reading here so I'll share with y'all tomorrow.

I should get off my hiney over here and go plant it over there to work on my sock.  I will, you know I will... just mustering up the courage is all.  Did I tell you that I have some yarn already picked out for my next pair that I'm planning on knitting... sock weight and everything... oh yeah, it's true.  I've enjoyed the ease of this project and it's practical "tote-ability" is just wonderful.  My faux circle sweater is getting too bulky to lug around in this tropical heat so socks are just the thing!  I still work on my sweater when I'm at home but it's a long term commitment - actually, it's the biggest item I will have completed once it's done.  I need little projects to break up the monotony of the sweater pattern and these socks seem to be just the ticket.

Okay, this time I'm honestly going.  Tomorrow (hopefully), I will have a finished sock to show off... unless I get this Kitchener Stitch down the first time and then y'all know I won't be able to control myself and I'll post about it after it's photo shoot... what can I say - I embrace the simple successes in life.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the tow. Great job Amers! Hmm..very interested in what sock yarn you are going to use for your next sock. Do tell!
    Have a great Easter love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...