12 July 2011

Tuesday Tunes & 10 on Tuesday Mash Up ~ Harry Potter Edition

Yep, you read that correctly.  Today I am able to mash the two together because Carole sent out a message regarding this week's Ten on Tuesday was to be about the awesomeness that is Harry Potter... and one of the most awesome things about the HP movie series is the music ~ so here we go!
  1. The relationships.  I'm not just talking about the top 3 players here.  I mean factoring in the entire Weasley clan, Dumbledore and the rest of the Hogwarts staff.  Even Kreacher and Dobby get woven in with such detail that the story would be lacking without them.
  2. "Hedwig's Theme" is so well know that most people can guess it within the first few notes.  Many don't know the name or that musical genius John Williams is responsible but that's okay... you're now humming it so it's all good.  Click the link and be amazed at what all he has contributed to the cinematic world.
  3. Hope.  That is a great message from every story.  One of my most favorite lines, uttered by Dumbledore himself, says to "Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."  Make a choice between what is right and what is easy... wow.
  4. "Potter Waltz" because you can't help but smile when you hear it.  You're envisioning yourself dancing in the great hall, aren't you... yeah, me too.
  5. I love this book!
  6. Knitting.  I know if you only watched the movies then you must think I'm off my trolley but I promise, I'm not.  Hermione started leaving hats and socks that she has knit for the house elves all over the Gryffindor common room, a kindhearted attempt to 'free' the them in The Order of the Phoenix.  That led me to wonder if the wonderful knits she wears in the film are from her own hand as well.  I know that I have a book full of patterns created by Hermione and my most adored character of them all, Molly Weasley.
  7. "When Ginny Kisses Harry" is a beautiful piece played at exactly the right moment.  It is soft, sweet and tender.  It isn't overly dramatic but has just enough to pull you in and get a touch misty.
  8. Devotion.  The way that Snape is devoted to Dumbledore is perhaps one of the most moving storylines to me.  To respect someone so much that they would do that which would tear them up simply for the betterment of all amazes me.  He didn't want to do what he did but he did it simply because Dumbledore asked him to do it - to save a lost child from a lifetime of anguish.
  9. "Farewell to Dobby" is the most poignant piece of music.  It is solemn, regal and yet there is the swelling of hope.  That same hope and good fortune that embodied the most precious of house elves.  He was a true friend that understood the power of love.
  10. Imagery.  Either from J.K. Rowling's written word or by the beautiful cinematography.  Take whichever one you like because they are both equally breathtaking.
  11. Be Strong.  This is my most favorite song.  The beauty of it always amazes me.  It's not flashy or well known but it is beautiful.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...