My once impressive music collection has slowly dwindled down into a few favorites tucked into my car and my Christmas/Showtune collection hidden in my closet. I am happy that others love my music and saddened that my own copies seem to grow legs and walk away... perhaps instead of searching I should simply fill out a missing persons report, as they are obviously alive and mobile.
This is the music that I have been searching for recently. Gavin Rossdale's voice is just amazing. It's raw and gritty but sweet and serene. Even when he is rocking it to the rafters, his voice is the instrument that pulls you in and takes hold of your heart. No matter the mood, Gavin's voice fits it perfectly... well, it would if you could find your CD but since I believe mine to be headed to university then I guess I will have to make due with the copy I ripped to my computer.
Oh yeah, after several misplaced albums and a music loving teenager in the house who borrows for indefinite periods of time, I finally learned how to protect my investments. It's an easy process that I have outlined for you below:
- Purchase fabulous music.
- Unwrap and give first full listen through in the car (seems to be safe haven for CDs).
- As soon as CD makes it into the house, immediately pop it into the computer for it's own protection.
- Rip CD to your personal music collection.
- Give in to teenager's request to 'borrow' said music.
- Kiss original CD goodbye - 'borrow' in teenage speak means "have".