31 December 2011

Ready... steady...

Even the sheep mock my indecisiveness
It's almost time to go on our "Rise to the Challenge" contest - can you believe it?  We just have to make it through today and tomorrow and then we're off and running!  I've still not made up my mind on exactly what I am making - honestly starting to think the decision will have to be made by flipping a quarter at this point.

I do know that I joined a great new group over on Ravelry.  It is run by the most amazing mother-daughter duo I have ever met.  You may have wondered over to their blog, and if you haven't I strongly suggest that you do because you're definitely missing out on a lot.  Together, Julie and Carli make up the fabulousness that is "Simply Notable".  If you hurry on over, you can join in their "Make a New Crafty Friend Swap"... who knows, we just might get each other!

So, needles at the ready everyone - we're in the final stages before we can all "Rise to the Challenge" in 2012.  Keep your eye on the prize, your nose to the grindstone and that other hokey motivational phrase that gets tossed around in great campy 80s movies... and now for a message from the mommy-side of me:

If you are going out tonight, please be careful.  There will be many people out and of those, many of whom should probably not be behind the wheel of a vehicle.  Be kind to those around you.  Be careful.  Be safe.  I rather enjoy your company and I would like for you to be around for a very long time.  I'll see you tomorrow, yes?


Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I joined Ravelry a few months ago and have just recently started working on my account, settings, etc. ("MorningLatte") I'll have to look into that.
    Good luck on your "Rise to the Challenge!" I look forward to seeing its progress.
    We have always opted to "stay in" on New Year's Eve. Because we're here, we also always open our home to our kids' friends for as long as they like--alcohol free, of course. They are all still under-age. I do hope everyone out there in blogland stays safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...