09 December 2011

2012 Promises to Try

As I've said time and time again, I don't "do" resolutions.  I don't like setting myself up for failure and that is exactly what making resolutions does, at least for me.  I prefer to put a more positive spin on things and simply make a promise to try.  It doesn't matter if I "succeed" or not, I did the hard part by simply giving it a go... and that is always a success in my book.


So without further ado, here is my list ~
  1. Every quarter, do one knitting or crochet technique that 'scares' me - that's 4 new techniques in 2012.  Socks scared me last year, but I made a pair and nothing bad happened to me.  I think I will build on that this year and challenge myself a bit more so I continue to grow.
  2. Move more.  I want to get healthier and I think a big part of that is simply by moving more.  For me, it's a double edge sword - I have asthma and exercise triggers it... but if I exercise more, my lung function will improve.  I just need to get over the hump, that's all.  This is the year I do that.
  3. Patience.  Yep, this is the year I learn to have patience.  I am not real clear on how this will be accomplished but I do know that I will be working on it.  Hobbit can be a very trying child so if I have more patience, perhaps we will make more headway - both of us in positive directions.
  4. Get organized.  I know that this might be a surprise for you but I will forego my chores for fun stuff.  I want to find a way to make it so housework is not so much a burden and more natural.  I do it, I just don't like it... so if I have to do it then I'm going to find a way to enjoy it.
There you have it - my list of things that I am going to attempt to accomplish this coming year.  What about you?  Do you have a list of promises that you'd like to share?

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I nevermanage to stich to my resolutions so I stoppped making them a while ago, but I have an "aim:" to get fit and do more exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful list. I think I'm right there with you on all of it--even the exercise-induced asthma. I've not mentioned it to the doc but my daughter has and she has it. All of my symptoms have fit--for many years! Do I want to mess with an inhaler or just, like you said, force it a little and get the ol' lungs better on their own? Good luck on all of this and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Socks scare me but I am determined to make at least a pair this year. Hope you get all your list done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...