25 August 2011

A new adventure

source
Do y'all remember me filling out the paperwork to be a volunteer at Hobbit's school this year?  No?  Did I not share that with you?  Oh well, I thought I had - anyway, I did and I was approved so I called the school to let them know I had received my approval email and suggest where I would like to be placed - if possible... because subtlety is not my strong suit.

Yesterday afternoon, I received a call.  It was the librarian (aka Media Center Director - same job, fancier sounding title) at Hobbit's school.  She had received the note that I wanted to help out in the library (aka Media Center - same thing, fancier sounding location).  The woman on the other end of the line, Mrs. H, sounded so tickled that I honestly just smiled through the conversation.  She said that I was the best news she had all day... when she found out that I was available all day (except on Pokey's weekend), then she said I was the best news all week.  It's heartwarming to be someones "best news".

I start on Monday and I have no clue what I will be doing - I just know that I will be there all school day and making someone very happy... and isn't that the essence of volunteering?

3 comments:

  1. Yey for you! I always secretly wanted to be a librarian :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are volunteering. I think so much good comes out it for everyone. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great! kudos to your for helping out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...