19 August 2011

Wrapping things up

Hobbit enjoying her special treat.
That's what we did today... and it was good because it helped us keep ourselves busy and not stare at the oddly blank corner by the movie shelves.

Hobbit and I had to visit her school today to finish up a few things before the term starts on Monday.  We took in her doctor approval note so that she could carry her inhaler on her person.  I swear, compared to all the nastiness that we ran into from the last school, this school operates like a dream.  They are helpful, insightful and actually there for us.  I am honestly over the moon with how wonderful the staff at this school is thus far.  We also had to drop off all of her supplies from the teacher's list so that Hobbit wasn't carrying them in on the first day.  She is now all set.

I finished up my Volunteer paperwork and PTO paperwork.  I took the "2 Hour Pledge" but I know that if they are honestly this fabulous, I'll do more than just 2 hours.  I signed up to help out in the Media Center and to work with the PTO on their Fall Festival and their Family Holiday Night.  I had to giggle when I reread my response to their question about having any unique talents that I wanted to share.  I put down that I am an avid photographer, computer savvy and a former Disney Leader so I can make magic.  It's true - I can.  It was a job requirement... ask anyone.

I can't believe she's in 1st grade... Where did the time go?
Since Hobbit was so fabulous, we had a nice little treat of splitting a slice of pizza at the mall - their slices are crazy huge - and a root beer.  Little outings like that are such a big deal to her.  We had to hunt for her a drawstring backpack so she had something to carry her inhaler to PE in and not worry.  I always look forward to the first day of school - because I can get so much done and the house is usually spotless for five hours - but this year, I am looking forward to Monday for a whole different set of reasons. 

I really think we may have found the perfect elementary school for us... and my house will stay clean between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 4:15 p.m., weekdays only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...