31 August 2011

I finally found it!

My granny square blanket color palette.
The perfect car pick up line activity - my granny square blanket!  Since I joined Gingerbread Girl's One A Day project group, I thought I would give the squares a test run today.  I have about an hour wait and if I'm knitting in the middle of a row when the line moves, I'm holding people up - yes, it's true that there are people who don't understand the importance of finishing the row!

So today, I gathered up all my supplies for my granny square blanket and headed out the door.  I got to my usual spot in the line and had roughly 45 minutes until school got out, time to get cracking.  I grabbed my hook and started a square.  I only did a solid pink one since I wasn't entirely sure I remembered how to even properly make a granny square, much less do a color change!

I am happy to report that not only did I remember but I can get exactly one square done with 2 minutes to spare.  It is the perfect car pick up project.  It made the time fly, completes my quota for the group and is very relaxing.  I have finally found the perfect craft for the school year.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, glad that you found some time to work on the grannies. How perfect is it that is also helps to pass the time. Talk about multi-tasking. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...