15 August 2011

On the wings of friends

The pattern I submitted - Ears to You
I woke up this morning to a suggestion from a sweet friend.  I admit to scoffing a bit but went ahead and did as she suggested because what was the harm really.  I would submit my design and they would reject it.  Simple as that.  Oh now, I'm not a pessimist, just a realist.  There are a bunch of talented knit designers in the world and I am just a knitter who makes some cute little things every now and again.  Not the same league at all.

So, as I said, I submitted my design and planned on getting a *"TBNT" letter in the next week or so but instead, I got a response!  Yep, an actual response that was written by an actual person who had an actual question regarding my design.  I was floored.  Wow.  They liked it.  They wanted a bit of story as to how and why it came to be... they made my day!  I won't know for a while yet if it is going to be published but I already feel like I've done something big.

It's amazing how high we can soar on the wings of friends.  Thank you Mellie... I love you.

*TBNT is a phrase my daddy uses and it means "thanks but no thanks"

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think we do need our friends/families to give us a push, to achieve something we weren't expecting or didn't think we would achieve. Yay for your pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your pattern. Sometimes it's others that really see our potential :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Well deserved I think it is very cute. Hurrah for listening to friends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...