Let me know if you try this, I promise you won't be disappointed. The bonus factor in our house is that I can get some delicious veggies into Hobbit and Peanut while still serving them something they love.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Beat eggs until light and foamy.
- Add sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla.
- Mix lightly but well.
- In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon).
- Add dry ingredients to mixer in small increments. Wait for dry mixture to be absorbed before adding the next amount. I generally do it in about 1/2 cup portions.
- Make sure everything is mixed together well.
- Grease two standard loaf pans.
- Pour ingredients in (pans should each be about 3/4 of the way full).
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for roughly 1 hour. When knife inserted into the center comes out clean, loaves are done.
- Cool for ten minutes in the pan on wire racks.
- After ten minutes, remove from pans and let them finish cooling on the wire racks.